Surly Pugsley Extreme Off-Road Expedition Bike
Setting the Bar for Fat Tire Expedition Bikes
Maximalist off-road tourists, explorers looking to get off the beaten path, and survivalists for whom being stranded isn’t an option will all appreciate Pugsley’s wide footprint, long and stable wheelbase, and plethora of accessory mounts.
Since way back in twenty-aught-three, Pugsley has seen it all: intercontinental bikepacking trips, bushwhacking at its finest, mirages in the desert, and countless souls taking on the Arrowhead 135 ultra-endurance race. It’s seen some, shall we say, sticky situations, but it always finds its way out. Its proven track record gives it the calling card as the quintessential fat tire expedition bike.
“Any bike will get you out there. Pugsley will get you home.”
- 135mm-space offset fork allows wheel swapability when the shit really hits the fan (and it will someday, trust us)
- Every accessory barnacle you could ever need
- 142 x 12mm-spaced rear dropout with a dedicated Rohloff torque arm slot
- Clearance for 26" x 4.8" tires in the frame (with drivetrain restrictions), 26" x 4.3" tires in the fork
- Frame: 100% Surly NATCH 4130 Chromoly steel.
- Fork : Surly Pugsley, Tapered straight blade NATCH 4130 Chromoly.
- Seatpost Clamp: Surly stainless 30.0mm
- Headset: Cane Creek
- Brakes: Avid BB7 Mountain
- Rotors: SRAM Centerline 160/160mm
- Brake Levers: SRAM FR-5
- Shifters: Shimano SLX-11
- Stem: ProMax 31.8
- Handlebar: Surly Moloko Bar
- Grip/Tape: Velo single lock-on
- Saddle: WTB Volt Sport
- Seatpost: 2 Bolt 27.2
- Crankset: Race Face AEffect, 30T
- Bottom Bracket: Race Face
- Front Derailleur: n/a
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX RD-7000 GS 11 Speed
- Cog or cogset: Sunrace 11 speed, 11-46
- Chain: KMC X11-1 EPT Anti-Rust
- Front Hub: Surly Ultra New, Freewheel, Bolt-on
- Rear Hub: Shimano FH-M525, 32h QR
- Rims: Surly My Other Brother Darryl (80mm), black, dual hole pattern, Tubeless Ready
- Tires: Surly Edna, 26x4.3, 60 TPI, Tubeless Ready