Surly Big Fat Dummy Off-Road Fat Tire Cargo Bike
All-Terrain, Fat Tire Trail Bike
Big Fat Dummy is truly a hulking beast of a bike. Maximalist bikepackers, those looking to make bikepacking a family affair, and those that help maintain their local trails will appreciate the Big Fat Dummy hauling abilities.
At first glance, it might just seem like a beefed-up version of Big Dummy, but that’s actually not the case. Specifically designed around fat tires, it has a longer toptube and slacker headtube offering the most stable, stiff, and predictable ride possible while hauling a lot of cargo.
- Single-piece frame increases stiffness and decreases torsional flex
- Human cargo compliant with the use of Dummy Rail Collars
- Three-pack mounts, double water bottle bosses on seattube, internal dropper post routing
- Clearance for 26" x 5.25" tires or 29” x 3.0” tires
- Frame: Surly 4130 Chromoly steel.
- Fork : Surly Wednesday, Tapered straight blade 4130 Chromoly.
- Seatpost Clamp:33.1mm (Surly stainless included)
- Headset: Cane Creek 40
- Brakes: SRAM Level T
- Brake Levers: SRAM Level T
- Rotors: SRAM Centerline 180/180mm
- Shifters:SRAM GX 2x11
- Stem: 31.8mm clamp 4-bolt
- Handlebar: Salsa Rustler
- Grip/Tape: Velo Single lock-on
- Saddle: WTB Volt
- Seatpost: 30.9 2-Bolt 400mm
- Crankset: Race Face AEffect 34/24T
- Bottom Bracket: Race Face
- Front Derailleur: SRAM GX 2x11 high direct mount
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX 2x11 type 2.1
- Cog or cogset: Sunrace 11 speed 11-42t
- Chain: KMX X11 anti rust
- Front Hub: Novatec, 32h, Thru-Axle
- Rear Hub: Novatec, 32h, Thru-Axle
- Rims: WTB Scraper i40 ST TCS
- Tires: Surly Dirt Wizard 29x3 60tpi