The revolution started here. Townie® was born from an idea that challenged the sacred geometry of bike design and created a completely different riding experience. Electra introduced the Townie with patented Flat Foot Technology® to the world and it was love at first sight. That love has made it the best-selling bike in the U.S. With an upright seating position that lets you see the world better and allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want, Townie sets a new standard in comfort and control.
Comfort is key with a foot-forward pedal position, gel saddle, and ergonomic grips. 9 speeds and hydraulic brakes provide smooth riding on a wider range of terrain. 27.5" puncture-resistant tires let you focus on the ride and avoid the dreaded flat. Fully equipped with color-matched fenders and Spanninga front and rear bright LED lights. For more versatility, add a Commuter Rear Rack Bag to pack all the necessities for an awesome adventure.
- Frame: 6061-T6 aluminum w/patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Fork: Alloy, straight/tapered leg
- Front Hub: Shimano Nexus Dynamo w/center lock disc, 32h
- Rear Hub: Alloy low flange w/center lock disc, 32h
- Rims: Alloy double walled 27.5" x 32h
- Tires: Kenda Kwik seven.5 27.5x2.4” w/k-shield protection and reflective stripe
- Shifters: Shimano Acera rapid fire plus
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Alivio 9-speed
- Crank: Forged alloy 170mm, 42t chainring w/double chainguards
- Bottom bracket: Sealed cartridge 68mm/113mm
- Cassette: Shimano 9-speed 11-36t
- Chain: KMC X9 nickel plated
- Pedals: Resin platform w/grip tape tread
- Saddle: Selle royal Electra gel comfort saddle w/shock-absorbing elastomers
- Seatpost: Alloy micro-adjust 27.2mm x 400mm
- Handlebar: Alloy custom bend 25.9" width/4" rise
- Stem: Forged alloy 25.4mm quill, 80mm extension
- Grips: Electra Townie custom ergo kraton w/locking collars
- Headset: 1 1/8" steel threaded/semi-integrated
- Brakeset: Front/rear: Tektro hydraulic disc brake
*Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery during peak seasonal periods.